Here is a simple breakdown of how to train to maximize your results.
• Avoid doing too much (boring) cardiovascular exercise. Staying on a treadmill for more than 20 minutes I consider a waste of time. Long duration on a treadmill or any other piece of cardio is worthless and promotes boredom. Who wants to sit on their butt riding a bike for 60-90 minutes? Not me! Cardio is overrated and some people don't understand the premise of how much they actually need. Cardio equipment can be very beneficial for developing the cardio-respiratory system if utilize properly in conjunction with other forms of exercise. Don't waste time with doing insufficient long duration cardio training.
• Don't become dependent on using machines only. Weight machines are nice for developing a foundation of muscle, and are nice to incorporate a couple into your more advanced routine. But I would never follow a "nautilus type" program and expect to get great results. I believe the best way to force new neural pathways to recruitment more motor unit conductivity is through the use of free weights. A couple of machines incorporated into a workout is fine. However, too many makes the central nervous system to become complacent.
• Train with weights for no more than 40 minutes. Anything more than this is a waste of time.
• Avoid doing leg raises to work abdominals. Again, another wasted exercise that works only hip flexors.
• Don't lift more weight than you can handle.
• Rest only for about 6 to 7 deep breaths between sets.
• Change your routine all the time. Doing the same ole routine over and over for months on end will produce nothing. I have seen this time and time again. People doing the same thing every single time they workout and low and behold never seeing a change in their body. Not knowing how to change the program or exercises will result in adaptation and poor results.
• Get professional help. Exercise science is vast and there is so much more to getting fit then just walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes.
• NUTRITION, NUTRITION, NUTRITION I CAN"T STRESS IT ENOUGH. IT IS ALL ABOUT NUTRITION...
• Supplementation: To get the best result supplements must be taken.
• Avoid overtraining at all costs. Over training will set you back.
• Know how the body works to get the most of your efforts.
Please goto www.darylconant.com
Please goto www.thefitnessnut.com
tags: weight training, body building, muscle building. stress, nutrition, endurance, cardiovascular endurance