Thursday, August 26, 2010

How Much Is Good Enough

Over the past twenty-five years I have experimented with just about everything in terms of training, except taking steroids of course. I have tried all kinds of different methodics (reps, sets, rest periods, intensities, duration). When I first started training I was told that you have to train for 2-3 hours a day if you wanted to be a bodybuilder. I would follow the programs that were written in Muscle and Fitness magazine. I would train for hours. I made gains at the beginning, but then I didn't. My body hit a plateau. Being naive I did more. This only produced an overtraining effect. Later I found out that the programs written in those muscle magazines were great for guys who were taking steroids. In fact, 95% of everyone in the magazine was taking steroids. This prompted me to search out other methods. Eventually I trained under the direction of Vince Gironda, "The Iron Guru." I learned more from him than I ever did from anyone, even college. He opened up my mind to a whole different way of training. With his help and guidance I was able to develop my own philosophy and methods in training. Ever since the days of overtraining I have trained smarter and have made incredible gains--all natural of course.

What I have developed over the years is exercise prescription that works for everyone. Not everyone wants to bodybuild, run a marathon, or train for hours. Most people that I train all have a life. They are married, have kids and work a full time job. They don't have time to spend 1-3 hours in a gym. I have put together realistic programs for people to incorporate into their life. If a person only had ten minutes to train, I can develop a kick ass program that would maximize their time.

You don't have to train for hours to get results. When people start an exercise program they are often times overwhelmed with the time commitment. They usually end up quitting the gym because they don't have the time. I mean who wants to work all day, come home in the evening and go to the gym for 1-2 hours-- not many folks! The key is to maximize your time in the gym. Here are my recommendations:

For maximum results:

Train 3-5 times per week.
Duration: 10-45 minutes. Duration depends on your busy schedule. If you are wicked busy do a 10-20 minute program.

Intensity: Moderate to high. The shorter the time the more intense the program needs to be.

Mode: Free weights, some machines, kettle bells, ropes, punching bags, body weight exercises. If you only have a short time for the workout. Avoid cardio machines altogether. Just go into the resistance program. You can get plenty of aerobic work done by doing circuit type training. In fact, I only train like this. I never use cardio machines to develop my cardiovascular system.

Most people have a full time job and don't have the time to devout to training. If you are an athlete professional athlete who makes money from training or playing a sport, then you can continue to devout your whole day to training. But if you are like the rest of us who have families, work 40-80 hours a week, we have to be realistic about our fitness programs. I am working on my 3rd book entitled BUFF DADDY: Natural Bodybuilding for the family man.



I decided to write a book for guys who are man enough to take on the responsibility of raising a family, working a full time job and who loves their wife. Many of the magazines and books written today are for single men who have all the time in the world to train. Buff Daddy is about maximizing your time in a gym to get the best results. You will transform your body using my techniques. Once a man has children the days of being selfish ends. I love to bodybuild and didn't want to have to give it up. SO I developed a system so phenomenal that I don't need to waste precious time in the gym. My programs are based on 20-30 minutes of training. I can train hard and intense and then go home to my responsibilities. Matter of fact I train better now with all the responsibilities then when I had all the time in the world. I am much more focused.

I love being able to train in such a short time and get great gains. I can still bodybuild, my wife is happy, and I get to spend quality time with my kids-- it's all good. And that's what being a BUFF DADDY is all about. Having it all- A buff body, a beautiful wife, 3 incredibly beautiful kids, a successful business, and time to enjoy it all.

I plan on completing Buff Daddy Spring 2011. Stayed tuned. If you are interested in this publication shoot me an email. dconant2004@yahoo.com

Tags: Buff Daddy, diet EARTH, InVINCEable, strength, power, nutrition, health, fitness, tiger woods, elin woods, new york mosque, stock market, red sox, strausburg, yankees, tampa bay rays

No comments:

Post a Comment