Monday, August 9, 2010

Throw Away The Scale



Here's the best advice you'll ever hear in regard to weight-management-- "THROW AWAY YOUR SCALE." The focus (obsession) on weight is the very reason why most people fail. It's mis-guided and dangerous.

The focus on weight began back in the 1950's when the definition of appropriate weight was simple. Your weight was compared against the "ideal weight" tables developed by the metropolitan Life Insurance Company. If your actual weight was twenty percent (20%) or more above the table weight, then, you were considered obese. If it was ten percent (10%) under, you were underweight. Today, however, the term ideal weight is irrelevant.

Beware: Some medical doctors still use the Metropolitan Life Tables.

1 comment:

  1. I try to drive this point home w/ all my clients, friends, family, etc. and most just look at me like I am crazy. Thanks for reiterating on it b/c I can't tell it to them enough.

    ReplyDelete